Is it time for your Agency Business Checkup?
Signs and symptoms that you are due for an Agency Business Checkup:
- Your agency is undergoing change — for better or worse.
- Your agency is planning to expand in size.
- Your agency is falling short of its full potential.
- Your agency is experiencing a specific challenge that needs to be solved.
- You are thinking of selling your agency in the next few years.
- You are seeking an independent perspective on how your business is performing.
What does the Agency Business Checkup include?
Our engagements with PR and marketing agencies begin with an Agency Business Checkup. It provides an opportunity for us to get to know each other and work together to create immediate value.
Every ABC involves a partnership to
At the end of the Checkup, you will have clearly identified next steps. Through the process, we will also each discover if there is an opportunity to continue partnering or if you are ready to handle implementation of the plan on your own. Either way, you end up with measurable value.
Is your agency able to PASS?
The ABC process examines the key characteristics that describe a successful agency.
Profitable. A successful agency generates comfortable margins that deliver meaningful value to its owner(s) and enables the achievement of personal goals.
Accountable. A successful agency responds to the needs of its owner(s), employees, and clients to deliver on the promises it makes to each.
Scalable. A successful agency leverages knowledge and processes to become more valuable than simply the sum of its parts.
Sustainable. A successful agency thrives by advancing beyond dependency on any owner, employee, client, or trend.
Running an agency is hard work.
It’s very easy to get caught up in day-to-day client service and fighting the fire of the moment. PR and marketing agency leaders must take time to step back and look at the state of the business to set a path forward.
The AIM-GET Framework for Agency Success guides the Agency Business Checkup.
No one-size-fits-all system will make your PR or marketing agency successful. The ABC process applies a flexible framework to help each agency leader steer the business in the right direction.
I help agency leaders achieve their goals.
When we work together on an Agency Business Checkup, I bring my decades of experience to the conversation. I share the wisdom of my successes and the lessons of my failures to help improve your own experience.
The ABC process can be uncomfortable.
Before you decide to move ahead with an Agency Business Checkup, you need to know what you’re getting into. It is intrusive so that we get to the core issues.
Chip asks a lot of tough questions and expects honest answers. The ABC process is about open dialogue, not sugarcoated conversations.
It’s a lot of information, but it helps get to the key opportunities and priorities quickly. Of course, everything is shared with a written guarantee of confidentiality.
The ABC process requires commitment.
The Agency Business Checkup isn’t for every agency. It requires substantial homework and a dedication to improving the business.
If you meet this criteria then read on because the Agency Business Checkup may be right for you.
The ABC process delivers guaranteed value.
While we can’t promise you’ll like everything you hear, we can guarantee that you will receive far more value for your agency than what you pay for the ABC process.
If not, just tell us how much value you feel you got, and we’ll gladly refund the difference.
Pick the ABC process that's right for you.
There are 3 different processes to choose from to accommodate agencies of different sizes with varying needs.
Full-day, on-site. Chip will visit your agency to meet with you and your key team members to explore your business in-depth. Intended for agencies with more than $7.5 million in annual revenue. Investment of $3,495 plus travel expenses.
Half-day, virtual or on-site. Chip will spend a half day with you and your team either in-person or via video conference to explore your key challenges and opportunities. Investment of $2,495 (plus travel expenses, if applicable).
Virtual work session. Chip will conduct a web-based meeting that typically lasts 2 to 2.5 hours to review submitted materials and high-priority topics chosen by the agency owner. Intended for single-owner agencies with less than $1 million in revenue. Investment of $1,495.
Included in all ABC engagements:
- Agenda-setting call
- Pre-meeting questionnaire
- Meeting summary
- Post-meeting email follow-up questions (30 days)
Looking for more help?
It all starts with the Checkup.
Chip begins working with agencies through the ABC process so that both sides have an opportunity to determine if there’s a good fit for future work.
Partnering with a business consultant requires a strong match between both parties, including not just expertise but personality fit. The ABC process facilitates that determination while delivering real value to the agency in the process regardless of whether more consulting ensues.
After an Agency Business Checkup, clients may opt to work with Chip in a variety of ways:
- Agency Business Accelerator. A 6- to 12-month program to help plan and implement significant change in the business.
- Agency Whisperer Consulting. Ongoing 1-to-1 consultations where Chip provides advice and serves as a sounding board for the challenges and opportunities agency leaders face.
- Agency GPS Audit and Planning. A short-term, in-depth study of critical aspects of the agency business to develop a strategic plan.
- Agency Mechanic Consulting. A focused engagement to address a particular issue in the agency business with well-defined deliverables.
- Customized Solutions. Tailored consulting that includes a combination of solutions can be developed for agencies that have needs that don’t fit neatly into the standard packages.